Strawberry Margarita

It’s Friday! Who is ready for a cocktail?!?! I know I am.

For 4th of July weekend I brewed up a big batch of my favorite margarita mix and came armed to our celebration with two large mason jars, silver tequila and freshly picked strawberries.  Normally, I opt for a regular lime or grapefruit margarita, but since it is strawberry season in my neck of the woods I could not pass up making a strawberry margarita.

Many times I see strawberry margaritas blended and a blended margarita is not my cup of tea because I am a rocks girl all the way!  However, my strawberries were so sweet juicy and ripe I know that a simple muddle would do the trick for a sweet strawberry flavor (super ripe sweet berries make this drink!) and the signature pretty pink color. These margaritas are really easy to make and you can muddle the strawberries right in the glass using a muddling tool or the back of a spoon works great as well.  Just make sure that you are ready to make a bunch of these babies if you start offering them up to your friends and family!

Tonight I am headed out with my two awesome girlfriends to S.A.L.T. for restaurant week. I love restaurant week and have already plotted out what I am going to order- the scallops appetizer, salmon entree and the dirt pie (I love marshmallow).  On Monday, I am headed to another favorite restaurant, but more about that in a future post. This weekend Ron's friend Dan is coming up for a charity bike ride. I am hitting up the farmer's market, a play date and Ron's Dad's party with out of state family on Saturday night.  Sunday will be for relaxation and a little gardening- my garden is looking great! 


Ingredients 
(for 1 drink)

1 1/2 oz silver tequila
2-4 ripe strawberries (depending on size)
2 oz margarita mix
Ice
Lime Wedges or Strawberries, for garnish


Instructions

In an 8 oz glass, muddle strawberries and fill glass 1/2 - 2/3 full with ice. Add tequila top with margarita mix. Stir and garnish with a lime wedge or a strawberry. 

Labels: , ,