Weekly Meal Plan 5/11 - 5/17

Happy Mother's Day everyone! 

Since Kellen was born it still amazes me that I join in the celebration of celebrating all types of mothers. Mother's Day was always a celebrated holiday in my home as a child. My sister and I are both adopted, and having a mother like I am fortunate enough to have is worth celebrating. 

This weekend was busy, but lots of fun. On Friday, my friend Emily's daughter came for the evening while her mom was at a birth. The kids lucked out and we ordered pizza and watched The Rescuers: Down Under (thank you Netflix!). 

On Saturday, I headed to the gym for a quick workout before Ron headed to the lab for a few hours. After the gym, grabbed Thai with my friend Emily, picked up elderberry syrup from another friend and did a little grocery shopping before heading home for Kellen's nap. Our evening was pretty lazy. We grilled and I got ready for to host brunch the following morning.  I also got a few lovely photos of our crabapple tree in full bloom- I love spring flowers. 





There was also a bit of playing on the glider as well:


Today, I woke up to snuggles with my early bird Kellen and prepped for brunch. 

The brunch menu included:  
- Shrimp Cakes with Kale Pesto
- Three Cheese Egg Casserole
- Sausage
- Fruit Salad/Green Salad
- Asparagus and Gruyeye Tart
- Lavendar Lemonade/ White Wine/ Lazarus Drinks


In the evening, we joined my in-laws for a chicken dinner at a local supper club. It was delicious!

My sweet Ron gave me a lavender plant and a catnip plant! My mom gave a delightful assortment of oils and my sister got me a new pear tree for our backyard! I am spoiled. 

Now, I am winding down and working on a few blog postings before Ron and I pop in a movie. 

Just an extra special I love you to my mom for being the wonderful woman that she is- you are amazing mom!


And a super big I love you to the little one that made me a mother. This was taken shortly after he was born, and it was love at first sight. 



Here is what's on tap:

Monday: Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Beef Sandwiches, Potato Wedges and Salad
Tuesday: Junk Yard Special and Roasted Green Beans
Wednesday: One Pan Baked Ziti, Garlic Bread and Spinach Salad
Thursday: Herby Brown Sugar Burbon Grilled Chicken, Rice and Grilled Veggies
Friday: Grilled Cheeseburgers, French Onion Grilled Potatoes, Cole Slaw and Fruit
Saturday: Out
Sunday: Cherry Chipotle Grilled Ribs, Baked Beans, Cottage Cheese and Fresh Fruit

Labels: