Spicy Asian Turkey Burgers

Time for May Secret Recipe Club reveal! 


This month I recieved the blog Oh! You Cook!. The owner and author of the blog is Dena, librarian by day, blogger by night, and author of The Everything Kosher Slowcooker Cookbook.  Dena has tons a wonderful recipes on her blog such as: Green Breakfast Boost, Faux Pho and Thai Chicken. I had a hard time deciding what to make, but when I saw these Spicy Asian Turkey Burgers I was completely sold.  There were a few reasons why this recipe was what I selected from so many tasty choice, and it was that it had two components that Ron does not like. I should let you know that Ron was going out of town and this recipe was for my sister, nephew, Kellen and I while we painted my mom's mother's day gift.  Ron does not like mushrooms or turkey burgers aaannnndddd since he was gone and my sister and I love these things it was a perfect match. 

These burgers are really easy to put together and the flavors are big and delicious. I loved the texture of the burger and the zingy flavor of the mushrooms and onions. My sister and I loved these burgers and they reheated perfectly for lunch the following day. 

Thank you Dena for sharing this delicious recipe! Have a great Monday everyone, and don't forget to check out the other bloggers creations below! 


Ingredients

Cooking Spray (olive oil preferred)
1 small carrot, grated
1 1/4 lb ground turkey 
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup hoisin sauce, divided
1 tsp ground ginger
4 tsp low sodium soy sauce, divided 
2 tsp Sririacha sauce, divided 
4 oz white mushrooms,  thinly sliced
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion 
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
Juice of 1/2 lime
4 burger buns


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with the foil; lightly mist foil with cooking spray.  Set aside.

Place turkey  and grated carrot in a large bowl.  Add  panko, 2 Tbl hoisin sauce, ginger, 3 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp of Sriracha.  Mix gently with your hands until just combined. Gently pat together 4 patties. 

Bake cooked completely through, about 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. 

While the burgers are cooking, combine mushrooms, red onion (if using), sesame oil, lime juice and  remaining 1 tsp soy sauce in a medium bowl. Also, in a small bowl, mix together the remaining 2 Tbl hoisin sauce and 1 tsp of Siriracha. Set aside. 

Remove burgers from oven and place on a bun. Top with mushroom and onion mixture and drizzle of spicy hoisin mixture. 


An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , ,