BBQ Chipotle Mango Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Time for May's Crazy Ingredient Challenge!


The ingredients for this month are chipotle and mango. I was really excited when Dawn unveiled the ingredients in the beginning of the month because I love all of the possibilities with sweet and heat. Considering that it has warmed up in Wisconsin my thoughts immediately went to my grill and a pork tenderloin. I have been hankering for barbecue and I knew that mango and chipotle would be perfect partners for my barbecued pork. I love grilled pork and with the char from the barbecue I am in heaven!  Besides being delicious, I loved how quick this recipe is for a easy weeknight meal. Many time I marinate my pork before I put it on the grill, but I opted for wet rub with a bit of seasoned olive oil followed by a heavy brushing of barbecue at the end of grilling, and finished it an extra drizzle of sauce. The result was a juicy, spicy, sweet and tangy pork tenderloin AND 3 happy full bellies! I served my pork tenderloin with a fresh arugula salad, but I can't wait for corn to be in season because it would have been perfect with a salty buttery grilled ear of corn. 

Today, I am finishing up a training for work (here is a link a local news station did on the training yesterday) and my friend Emily is coming for dinner and a little play time in the evening. I am also going to make a quick stop at the gym for a little weightlifting after my training wraps up. I was planning on enchiladas for dinner, but the idea of pizza is slowly creeping into my brain..... 

If you are interested in joining our challenge, stop over to Dawn of Spatulas on Parade to say hello and to get more information.  I am excited to see what everyone else made, and what next month will bring! 

**I also need to give a special birthday shout out to my Sister and belated birthday shout out to my Sister In-Law! Happy Birthday Rachel & Julie!!!**


Ingredients

1 (about 1 - 1 1/4 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 Tbl olive oil
1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
1/2 cup ripe diced mango
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce +1 tsp adobo sauce


Instructions

Whisk oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder in a small bowl. Rub into pork tenderloin and set aside. 

In a food processor or blender, add mango, bbq, peppers and adobo. Pulse till smooth and set aside. 

Heat grill to medium-low heat. Think of the tenderloin as having 4 sides. Cook the pork 4-5 minutes per "side" (you can test with a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches desired temperature). During last 2 minutes of cooking brush all sides with sauce. Remove from grill and allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes.  Slice and serve with extra sauce drizzled over the top.


An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , ,