Weekly Meal Plan 3/30 - 4/5

Happy Monday!

I am really pumped for the warmer air that is coming to our area. I am a 4 seasons girl, but am in serious need of some outdoor time sans snow and ice! 

We had a really nice weekend and loved seeing the Badgers win a spot in the Final Four! So exciting for Wisconsin! 

On Friday, Ron treated Kellen and I to a homemade fish fry. I love a traditional fish fry, but in our area going out during Lent can turn into a giant pain. Plus, having one at home is a little easier for Kellen to enjoy. The fish was fantastic, as always, and perfect with our homemade tarter sauce. 

On Saturday, I had to stop at the hospital for a little lab work and came across this awesome Lambeau Field made out of Legos! It was so cute and I loved the players on the field. It is a little hard to see in the photo, but the Lego people on the back wall have their bellies paints with Packer pride.  I decided that I needed to stop back with Kellen because he loves Legos and he would love that it was Packers. 

Here are a few shots of the stadium:



Later in the morning, I stopped at my friend Kayla's house to visit with her and see the new baby. I came with a pizza and chicken tacos for the family for dinner. I also brought Kellen so he could have a playdate with the older kids. It was so cute to watch the kids interact with the baby! 

After our visit Kellen and I stopped at the store to grab dinner for the boys because I was heading out for Indian with my friend Emily and watching Into the Woods afterwards. It was fun because we both love musicals and she had not seen this one before. If you haven't seen this musical before you really should because the songs are great and I really like the story. 

On Sunday, Kellen and I had breakfast and let Ron sleep for a bit. We headed to the store to grab a few extra things I needed for my soup for a soup swap with my girlfriends.  I had never been to a soup swap, but has heard about them from friends. The idea is that you make enough soup to fill a quart for everyone and you get that many different soups back in return. This group of ladies like to cook so I knew there would be all kinds of delicious types to try!  I made a Thai Chicken Curry and Butternut Squash Soup and it was full of flavor and chucked full of veggies! I came home with a few delicious quarts to share with my family as well- Cheesy Brat, Split Pea and Ham and Italian Sub Soup.  We also had a bloody mary bar and it was a perfect way to causally have dinner with my friends. 

Here is a picture of my creation getting jarred up for the swap! 


After the swap, I headed home and watched the season finale of Walking Dead. I don't want it to be over! I have so many questions and am sad to wait. However, the preview for the new summer show Fear the Walking Dead looks awesome! Yet another reason to look forward to summer, new Walking Dead show, Jurassic Park, Terminator....warm weather and sun too....

This week we are getting ready for Easter and I need to do a little chocolate shopping! I am also going to hit the gym a few times, play a little volleyball, watch a little law and order, watch a little basketball and do a little cooking. It always sounds tame until the wave gets rolling.... 

Have a great week!

Here is what is on tap:


Monday:  Slowcooker Cuban Sandwiches and Grilled Veggie Packets
Tuesday:  Garlic Scape Pesto Shrimp SkewersCaprese Macaroni and Cheese and Salad
Wednesday: Pan Roasted Honey Curry Pork Tenderloin, Wild Rice and Roasted Cauliflower
Thursday: Crown Cowboy Casserole and Green Beans
Friday:  Cumin Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken Tenders with Spicy Risotto Style Couscous and Avocado Crema
Saturday: Easter dinner at my parents- I am bringing a Kale Salad with a Poppy Seed Dressing
Sunday: Easter at my Sister in Laws (she started blogging- I will check with her and get her url up soon) and I am bringing a cheesecake- kind to be determined. 

Labels: