Weekly Meal 3/9 - 3/15

Happy Monday! 

Hope you all had a great weekend!  We had a busy weekend, but it was a lot of fun (maybe not for all of us- Ron was a little under the weather). 

On Friday, my friend’s kids came over for a play evening so they could do to dinner and have a little time before their new baby arrives (squee!). We ordered pizza, went hunting for the cats and watched Finding Nemo.  Kellen was in heaven and loved having his friends over, and loved showing off this little play tent. 

On Saturday, we headed south to pick up our new car! Here it is: 


I absolutely love it and the features are so fun after having a manual car (even down to the windows) these bells and whistles are very exciting! One of my favorite features is that the car links with my Bluetooth in my phone and can toggle between Ron and I. Like I said, the bells and whistles are fun. However, my very favorite thing that how easy it is to get Kellen in and out. After having a smaller car I didn’t realized how much bending and crouching I was doing! No wonder my back would be sore because I am sure I was not lifting properly….

Poor Ron was still feeling a bit under the weather and we had to cancel going out for Thai, but are planning on going on Friday.  We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and I did a bit of meal planning for the this week. 

On Sunday, we met our friend for brunch at A'Bravo. They are in the process of adopting a baby and it was wonderful to have a chance to catch up! Plus they had not had a chance to try one of our favorite brunch places yet!

We headed home for a nap after brunch so Kellen was rested to go to Dinosaur Train with our friend Emily and her daughter. 

Waiting for the show to start: 


The show was so adorable and Kellen loved the singing. He really wanted to hop on stage and get on the train with the characters! 

After the show, Emily came over for dinner and a play date. Ron and I were laughing after at the ability of two tiny people to create such big messes, but these two played hard! We ended the night with a Closer re-run, a little blogging and a little Walking Dead. 

This week we are have fun stuff like taxes and car registration on the docket, but I am looking forward to Thai on Friday! I am also heading to Door County on Saturday to see the St. Patrick’s Day parade. Our area seems to be warming up and I hoping for nice weather!

Here is what is on tap:

Monday: White Chicken Chili 
Tuesday:   Chicken Quesdillas, Guacamole, Rice and Beans
Wednesday:  One-Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper and Cauliflower
Thursday: Grilled Asparagus and Pancetta Carbonara and Salad
Friday: Out for Thai
Saturday:  Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole and Roast Green Beans
Sunday:  Corned Beef and Cabbage with Herb Buttered Potatoes and Irish Soda Bread

Labels: