Pan Roasted Orange Rosemary Pork Tenderloin

We certainly do love our pork tenderloin around these parts!  This is recipe comes from my friend Sarah's blog A Taste of Home CookingThis recipe has circled my cooking board for a while each time people ask for new pork recipes and I have had it book marked since for-ever.  Why it has taken me so long to get it on our plates I do not know. What I do know is that this is delicious!  Like a lot of pork tenderloin recipes I post, this is really easy and the cook time is great for a weeknight! I loved the flavors of the citrus is one of my favorite combination with rosemary and the creamy sauce was fantastic! I found the sauce a touch sweet on its own, but with the seared and roasted pork it was perfect. I made sure to get a nice dark crust on the tenderloin and it really worked well because of the sugars from the honey and orange juice.

Tonight,  we are having a quick dinner so I can pop over to the gym for a little weight training before heading home to finish our taxes…. I always feel like I put these off… or maybe it is that my husband has been extra pokey getting him tax stuff from his employer- I think I will blame him. Ha. 

Today it is getting up to 50 degrees. 50! I feel like the big chill is over and we are starting to thaw. Maybe that is wishful thinking and we will have another snow storm, but I will take that over big below zero temps any day. 


Ingredients

1 pork tenderloin (about 1- 1 ½ lb)
Juice of 4 fresh oranges
4 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl apple cider vinegar
2 tsp honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbl fresh rosemary, chopped 
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbl olive oil
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt, to taste
A handful of fresh parsley, chopped


Instructions

Whisk together orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper in a medium bowl. Place pork tenderloin into a large resealable bag and pour marinate over the meat and toss to coat. The pork can marinate for as little as 4 hours, but overnight is recommended. 

Remove pork from marinate (reserve for sauce) and heat 1 Tbl olive oil over medium-high heat in an oven safe skillet. Brown pork tenderloin on all sides. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning every so often to prevent scorching, or until the pork registers 155-160 degrees.

While the pork is roasting, pour remaining reserved marinade into a saucepan, and over medium-high heat. Bring the sauce to a boil and allow it to cook uncovered, stirring regularly, until the marinade has reduced. Whisk in the cream, salt and chopped parsley.  Keep warm over low heat if the sauce is finished before the pork.

Remove pork from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Slice pork tenderloin and spoon sauce over the top. Serve immediately. 

Labels: ,