DIY Homemade Onion Soup Mix

Are you a lover of onion soup packets? I know that I am, but I am always a fan of finding ways to recreate these types of things at home.  When I saw the recipe from Queen of the Red Double Wide for the packets I knew I wanted to give it a go. I had a couple recipes on the back burner to try with my new mix, and will share them this week!  

Most of these ingredients are likely sitting in your pantry or spice cabinet at home, and it is great opportunity to use a few of the lesser used spices like celery salt and turmeric. One of my favorite things when opening up on of these bags is the smell. It reminds me of the delicious french onion dip my mom made when we were kids to serve along side potato chips- yum! 

Tonight, I am heading to the gym for a little weightlifting (my favorite) and home to enjoy a little chicken soup from the slow cooker. I have been debating joining another gym with a pool because I am really getting the itch to do some laps in the pool to go along with my weight lifting. I love weightlifting, but I always like to add a bit of variety to my routine.  

Tomorrow is an exciting day..... It's Ron's birthday! We are heading out for dinner and a few drinks, and Mr. Kellen is hanging with his grandparents for dinner and a bit of the evening! 


Ingredients

3 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon celery salt
¼ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder


Instructions

Mix all ingredients into a small bowl and store in a resealable bag till ready to use. 

Recipe yields one onion soup packet

Labels: ,