Weekly Meal Plan 1/12-1/18

Happy Monday! 

This weekend was lots of fun! On Friday, we had my work holiday party at a local restaurant and it was really fun! We had a dip contest and I entered crockpot cheddar bacon ale dip, and it won! I didn't get a chance to take a photo, but am going to make it again so I can share the recipe with you because it is soooo delicious- perfect for game day! We also played board games and a few minute to win it type of games- have you ever tried to stack 3 golf balls!? According to YouTube it is possible.... 

On Saturday, we headed to our nieces birthday party and it was a blast. The kids are so cute and there were delicious cupcakes. After the party we headed home, rested and ordered pizza. Perfect relaxing evening. 

On Sunday, I headed to the movie theater mid-morning with my friend and her daughter. The theater is showing classic Disney movies this month and Sunday was Beauty and the Beast. We are headed back in a few weeks to see Little Mermaid! It is so fun to see those on the big screen again, Beauty and the Beast was THE movie when I was 7. I remember having a Beauty and the Beast party with a gold dress, candy roses and a doll cake with a yellow dress.....those were the days. After the movie I watched the Packer game with my parents before heading home and to get a few things done before heading out for Thai with my girlfriendsI am particularly happy this morning after the Packer win yesterday. Side bar: for those of you who say the final fourth down Cowboy pass was a bad call- eat it (just kidding......maybe). As explained to me by my husband and father (who know more about football than anyone else I know) maintaining control of the ball is what is needed for it to be a complete pass. Unlike the former rule, which would have allowed for the bounce, pass was incomplete. Since my team is on the happy end of that rule I will smile because Packers have caught the flip side of that very rule in previous games. That concludes my football gloat/rant for this week.....next week we will see. .

This week we are getting ready for our trip to Wisconsin Dells! We are also attending my friend Amanda's Appleton inauguration and my friend Emily is coming for for Law and Order: SVU. 

I have a few delicious new recipes coming your way this week! 

Here is what is on tap: 

MondayDijon and Blood Orange Marinated Salmon, Cous Cous and Broccoli
Tuesday:Slow Cooker Chicken in Tomato & Olive Sauce, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Salad
Wednesday: Beef and Quinoa Meatballs with Lemongrass Curry, Rice and Salad
Thursday: Out for Pho
Friday: Wisconsin Dells (I am bringing Salted Nut Roll Bars and French Onion Dip)
Saturday: Wisconsin Dells
Sunday: Grilled BBQ Chicken, Cheddar Bacon Risotto and Peas

Labels: