Quick Garlic Knots

In our house we love garlic bread, garlic rolls, garlic knots...ect. I will often make garlic bread when we have Italian style dinners and wanted to give our favorite side a different twist (literally).  I went as simple as possible and used a store bought dough, but if you feel ambitious you could make the dough at home.  I was lucky enough to have a special helper in the kitchen!

I wanted to bring this recipe to you as a wonderful alternative to bring to your Thanksgiving table (or next meal!). At our Thanksgiving the bread depends on the meal. My in-laws bring homemade bread and brown and serve rolls. My parents serve rolls from our local Great Harvest- all delicious options in my opinion!

Tonight I am putting the finishing touches on my Thanksgiving menu, and starting to organize the house for Thursday.  My Dad and I are doing a shopping trip together tomorrow (we like to holiday food shop together) and I will officially begin my cooking!


Ingredients

One package (12) of breadsticks  (I used Pillsbury brand)
3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1 Tbl chopped Parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
1/2-1 tsp garlic powder (adjust to your liking)


Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Remove breadsticks from packaging and roll in your hands to stretch slightly. Tie in a knot and tuck the ends under to create a knot shape. Lightly grease a baking sheet and place knots evenly across the surface of the sheet.

In a small bowl, mix melted butter, garlic and parsley.  Evenly brush the butter over all of the garlic knots. Bake for 10-12 minutes and serve hot from the oven.

Labels: , ,