Grilled Steak Fajitas

One for my favorite things is our grill (if you haven't already noticed).  In addition to producing delicious flavors, grilling is a very quick way to get dinner on the table on a busy weekday evening. I work full-time, Ron works and is going to school, throw in a full-time toddler into the mix and a quick meal that makes delicious lunch the next day gets a gold star. 

I was cleaning out my reader a few weeks ago and came across my bookmarked steak fajitas recipe from Pioneer Woman. It sounded wonderfully easy and a happy variation to our usual suspects. Since I had Kellen every time I eat fajitas I laugh a bit because they were my most hated food (next to Chinese take-out) when I was pregnant. I think it was a searing smell (which is back to being delicious) and I couldn't handle it. Those darn kids.....

These fajitas are full of flavor absolutely delicious! The marinate makes the meat tender, spicy with a bit of salt- perfect to be paired with a margarita. Ron, Kellen and I all loved these fajitas and they made awesome leftovers over salad the following day for lunch. Kellen has decided that he likes steak and loved it cut into small pieces inside his tortilla.  

I wanted to thank everyone again for making the 10 Days of Tailgate a big success! Speaking of tailgate, today we are getting ready for the Packer game tonight! Go Pack Go! 


Ingredients

1  Beef Flank Steak (mine was about 2 lbs)
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbl cumin
1 Tbl chili powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbl sugar
2 medium onions, sliced
3 bell peppers, sliced (I like to use red, yellow and orange)
 1 Tbl olive oil
Flour Tortillas
Crumbled Queso Fresco
 Salsa
 Sour Cream
 Cilantro Leaves


Instructions

In a dish, mix together olive oil, Worcestershire, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and sugar. Place steak into a large resealable bag and pour half of the marinade. In medium bowl, place all the veggies and remaining marinade. Stir to evenly coat. Cover the veggie  and place them, along with the steak, in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

Prepare tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and cilantro while the steak and veggie marinate.

Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle in 1 Tbl of oil. Add the veggies and cook them for about 6-7 minutes until they're cooked but still slightly firm and have char marks. Remove to a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside.

Heat the grill to  high heat (or use a grill pan). Cook the meat for about 2 minutes per side until medium rare. Remove and allow to rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
Thinly slice the meat right before serving. To assemble, place steak into the tortillas and top with veggies, salsa, sour cream, queso and cilantro.

Labels: , , ,