Grilled BBQ Ranch Chicken

Who doesn't love bbq chicken? If you are raising your hand I feel bad for you because it is one of my favorite things hot off the grill. 

You all know I love to play around with different marinades and I decided change around transitional bbq chicken by adding ranch for a little twist. I really like the flavors of bbq and ranch mixed together and thought it would make a flavor packed marinade. I made this for my family and my friend Emily for an SVU watching night, and we all loved the chicken.  The smokey bbq is perfect with the tangy herb flavors of the ranch, and with the Worcestershire sauce there is a nice amount of salty flavor resulting in some seriously juicy chicken.  I think this marinate would be delicious on pork or beef as well. One note to make is to make sure you watch the chicken for scorching because of the sugar in the bbq sauce.  Also, I tend to marinate for 8 or more hours because I like the flavors to get deep into the meat, but you could marinate for less time if 8 hours is not an option and have a delicious result to your chicken. 

I have been excited for tonight for WEEKS. Tonight American Horror Story premiers and I can't wait to watch it. I am a bit skeptical of the concept, but have always enjoyed the series and I am sure they will prove me wrong. Ron and I also watched the premier of Stalker last week.....oh my god... so scary and good, but do not watch it if you are home alone . My friend Emily and her daughter are also coming over for a little SVU watching and dinner. Hope everyone is having a great week! 


Ingredients

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
2 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbl steak sauce
1 Tbl chopped parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
1 Tbl fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp black pepper


Instructions

In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, ranch, bbq, Worcestershire steak sauce, parsley, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice and pepper. Place chicken in to a large resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Push out the air and seal. Use your hands to move the chicken so it is evenly coated by marinade. Marinate for at least 8 hours. 

Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from the bag and shake off excess marinade. Grill for about 5-6 minutes per side or until juices run clear.  

Labels: , ,