Grilled Sun Dried Tomato Basil Chicken

Packers!!! Ugh!! That is all I have to say on that. 

I created this chicken recipe to use some of the fresh basil that was over flowing my pantry. Fresh basil is such a treat during the summer and I like to find different methods of using it besides my beloved traditional pesto sauce.  I suppose this recipe is like pesto, but I prefer it on the grill instead of toss it with pasta. 

This recipe tangy from the sun dried tomatoes and vinegar, but the basil and fresh Parmesan give it a bit of freshness and a bit of salt. I really like when a marinate packs a bunch of flavors, especially with chicken, and couldn't wait to give this one a try.  Fresh off the grill the chicken smelled amazing and Kellen proclaimed it to be "pizza chicken!".  It does have a similar flavor profile and, when it comes to a toddler, whatever floats your boat. 

Tonight I am headed to my friend Emily's house to stuff bags of the Baby to Belly Expo. I am really excited because this is such a fantastic event for parents to get resources and make connections to local vendors. I hope to see any NE Wisco readers there! 



Ingredients

1/2 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1 1/2 Tbl red wine vinegar
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce 
1 Tbl grated Parmesan Cheese
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup packed basil leaves
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
4 chicken breasts


Instructions

Place sun dried tomatoes, vinegar, Worcestershire, cheese, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and olive oil into a food processor.  Pulse the ingredients until smooth.  Place chicken into a large resealable bag. Pour marinate over the chicken.  Seal the bag and rub marinade into the chicken. Place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 8 hours. 

Remove chicken from bag and discard excess marinade.  Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove from grill, rest for 2-3 minutes and serve. 

Labels: , , , ,