Father's Day Pork Chops

Ron and I love pork chops and have had my eye on this recipe for breaded pork chops from So Tasty, So Yummy for sometime now. I loved the idea of the fresh lemon and herbs in the breading. I made this for a Sunday dinner and served Potatoes Au Gratin with fresh green beans alongside the pork chops. Ron and I both really enjoyed this recipe. I loved the fresh flavors of the citrus and herbs. I think this would also be a delicious breading for chicken breasts if you prefer those over pork chops.  I am not a very seasoned at breading meat because we do not eat it a lot at home.  I wasn't able to get my chops as thin as I would have liked for frying, but am going to try it again because this was so tasty. 

Tonight is volleyball night and I am always excited to get out and play. We are very lucky to have my parents watch Kellen so Ron and I can get out and have a little adult fun. Our team has been playing together for a few years now and it is always a blast to be with everyone. This summer we are moving to the outdoor courts and I am excited for a little sunshine! 


Ingredients

4 Boneless pork chops, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
½ cup red wine vinegar 
½ cup all-purpose flour 
1 large egg, beaten 
1 cups Panko
Zest from half a lemon 
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme 
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano 
5 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper 


Instructions

Arrange pork in a single layer in a large baking dish and cover with vinegar. Let sit 1 hour at room temperature. Set up your dredging stations: one small  dish with flour; one with eggs; and one with Panko, zest, thyme, and oregano. Heat a large cast-iron or heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Season each chop generously with salt and pepper. Dredge each chop first in the flour, then in the egg, then in the Panko mixture; make sure they coat the sides as well as the tops and bottoms. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Fry the pork chops until crispy and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.

Labels: